In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking an English as an Additional Language (EAL) teacher to work in the Star City campus. The position will involve working across the primary-secondary age phases.
Therefore, applications are invited from highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
• passionate about delivering an EAL curriculum in a high-performing learning environment
• supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and have the ability to nurture high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
• collaborate and serve on inter-disciplinary teams to ensure the development of tiered language provision throughout the school for EAL students
• actively aware of the latest developments in EAL education and pedagogy
• experienced in using data to construct language programmes and individual education plans to suit the needs of all EAL students; prior experience of baseline and other relevant diagnostic testing
• committed to making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school based across two campuses in an international setting
• eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE). They are required to possess a state or nationally recognized certificate in EAL, at either degree or post-graduate level, or TESOL/DELTA qualifications or CLIL/CBI training.
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.... Read full article